Go to ...

The Freaky

Celebrating the odd, the strange & the weird

RSS Feed

Penis amputation for man who overdosed on Viagra


bizarre medical Viagra overdose

A Colombian farmer has had his penis amputated after deliberately overdosing on Viagra.

 
In an attempt to impress his new girlfriend, 66 year old Gentil Ramírez Polanía, took so much Viagra that he ended up in hospital after complaining of a painful erection that had lasted several days.

Overdosing on Viagra, is extremely dangerous as it can cause priapism (prolonged erections).  Doctors warn that if priapism is not treated within 24 hours the penis can be permanently damaged.

Doctors were shocked to find the farmer’s penis not only inflamed but also showing signs of gangrene. To stop the gangrene from spreading they had no option but to amputate.

Polonia, a local politician, who comes from the unfortunately-named home town of Gigante,  says:

“I took the medicine on Saturday at seven o’clock at night but by nine I was in so much pain I had to ask my neighbour to take me to hospital. When I got there, they said there was nothing they could do so I went home, but it didn’t get any better. I suffered for a while but I couldn’t cope anymore and got a bus to a bigger hospital in Neiva. I had bruises all my genitals.”

The man is now said to be recovering. It is not known whether he is still with his girlfriend.

More strange medical stories: Man loses memory after a dentist trip

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

About