Go to ...

The Freaky

Celebrating the odd, the strange and the weird

RSS Feed

Man impales himself on screwdriver


A Polish man discovered that he had a screwdriver impaled in his head only when he looked in the mirror.

 

weird accident

The unnamed 25 year old man, from Bialystok in Poland, was working in his garden when he tripped, fell and lost consciousness.

When he woke up he had a pain in his hand but bizarrely didn’t notice that he had fallen on his Phillips screwdriver until he walked to his car and caught his reflection in the mirror.

Amazingly, rather than panic, the man smoked a cigarette and drove himself to the hospital.

‘I don’t remember what happened that day, at some point when I was working in my garden I slipped and fell down,’ said the man, who didn’t want to be identified.

‘Next thing I remember it was my hand hurting and some weird thing near my eyes.’

Dr. Jan Kochanowicz, and his team at University Hospital in Bialystok spent three hours removing the screwdriver which was lodged about two inches (five centimeters) into his head just above his right eye.

bizarre x-ray

The screwdriver did not damage the man’s eyes or brain, and he is expected to make a full recovery.

More bizarre medical stories: the world’s largest kidney stone

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *